Counseling Couples and Families
Offered at Regis University’s Thornton 一道本不卡免费高清campus, the post-graduate certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) coursework is primarily intended for professionals in the community with a master’s degree in counseling and/or those who practice as therapists in Colorado (Registered Psychotherapists with a master’s degree, licensed professional counselors, licensed psychologists or licensed clinical social workers).
Current graduate students in the Master of Arts in Counseling program may also be admitted to the MFT certificate program concurrently during their master’s degree coursework. The MFT certificate will not be awarded to current students until the semester following graduation from the MAC program.
Total Credit Requirements: 一道本不卡免费高清18 credit hours
一道本不卡免费高清Listed below are the required courses for completion of the Post-Graduate Certificate: Marriage and Family Therapy program at Regis University. The total post-graduate certificate requires 18 semester hours.
|Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate Requirements |
|MFT 610 ||Theories of Family Therapy (3 semester hours) |
|MFT 650 ||Family Origins and Life Cycles (3 semester hours) |
|MFT 665 ||Gender Development and Sexuality in Counseling (3 semester hours) |
|MFT 667 ||Couple Therapy (3 semester hours) |
|MFT 690 ||Practicum: The Practice of Family Therapy (3 semester hours) |
|MFT 699A ||Supervised MFT Internship A (3 semester hours) |
To download a printable fact sheet with program details,click here.
一道本不卡免费高清Please note that recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above. For further information contact the Office of Admissions at 303.458.4344.
Visit our Cost of Tuition一道本不卡免费高清 page to see the tuition and fee schedule for the Marriage and Family Therapy Certificate program.
How to Apply
Prerequisites for Counseling Post-Graduate Academic Certificate Programs
- Completion of a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or a closely related clinical field from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a clinical internship within the master’s degree—600 hours minimum supervised clinical experience within the prior master’s degree program
Materials Needed for Application and Admission
- Application: Completed graduate application form
- Submit official degree-bearing transcript reflecting a master’s degree awarded from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. Documentation of completion of a clinical internship may be required by the admissions committee.
- Submit mailed transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
3333 Regis Boulevard
Mail Code: A-12
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Submit electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regis accepts electronic transcripts from the following services: Scrip-Safe, Docufide, Avow Systems
- Required admission essays (instructions to upload the document are included within the online application)
- Submit two recommendation forms. Select professional and/or academic references who can address your professional and academic potential. The online application will ask you to include the contact information for your references. Once you submit your application, your references will be emailed the recommendation form with steps to complete it.
- Current resume
- Criminal background check (completed after being admitted into the program)
- Additional admission requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
- Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed.
一道本不卡免费高清All Counseling program applicants must submit application materials to the program prior to the admission deadline to be considered for admission.
Applicants who are offered admission to the Division of Counseling and Family Therapy must submit their response to the Office of Admissions no later than 10 business days after notification. A non-refundable deposit of $350.00 is required at the time of acceptance to guarantee a position in the program. The deposit will be applied directly to tuition.
一道本不卡免费高清Materials in support of an application for admission become the property of Regis University and will not be provided or returned to an applicant.
The Master of Arts (MA) in Marriage and Family Therapy program is accredited by the , 112 South Alfred Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, 703.838.9808,email@example.com