Inspire the minds of tomorrow
Why should I study elementary education?
Gain a foundational understanding of educational pedagogy while exploring the complexities of child psychology. Leave with everything you need to successfully acquire state licensure. With online and on-campus courses to accommodate your schedule, this program prepares you to work in the classroom while maintaining your busy lifestyle.
Is an M.Ed. in elementary education for me?
Format: On campus, online or blended
Campus: Northwest Denver
Course Rotation: 8-weeks
Time to Complete: 2.5 - 3 years
Total No. of Credits: 43*
一道本不卡免费高清*Estimation is based on a full course load with no credits transferred.
What will I learn in this program?
We will ground you in a teaching practice that accommodates diverse learners. You’ll gain specific subject-area introductions in liberal arts, mathematics, science and physical health. You will end your program with student teaching in a local classroom. We have over 100 partner schools and will work to pair you with the right grade level in a supportive atmosphere.
Subject matter in our curriculum includes:
- Foundational teaching theories
- Motivating and engaging all students
- Adapting curriculum materials
- Diversity and inclusion in the classroom
- Differentiation of instruction
- Cultural competence
- Social justice
- Classroom management
- Becoming a leader in education
- Lesson planning
- Formative and summative assessment
- Best Master's in Elementary Education, 2019 by onlinemasters.com
- Top 20 Online Education Program in the Open Education Databases'
- 10 percent preferred tuition discount for paraprofessionals or those with contracted positions in a school
- for adults going back to college
- 12th Best Online College for 2019 by
Colorado State Licensure
As a part of the program, you must successfully take the state licensure examination to student teach in one of our partner schools. We will support and recommend you through this process. After completing your field hours in a Colorado school, you can apply for licensure in Colorado through the Colorado Department of Education with our recommendation.
A license is dependent on the major of your bachelor's degree. If the level and area of license you are seeking does not correspond to your specific major, you may need to take additional undergraduate credits as required by Colorado laws and regulations for license.
Regis University is accredited by .
What careers can I pursue with this degree?
In addition to the option of becoming a teacher in a K-6 school, other career opportunities include:
- School career counselor
- Principal or administrator (with additional education or certification)
- School counselor (with additional education or certification)
- (with additional education or certification)
|EDFD 601 ||Educational Foundations (3 credit hours) |
|EDRS 600 ||Educational Research and Critical Reflection I (3 credit hours) |
|EDES 603 ||Equity, Ethics and Social Justice in Education (3 credit hours) |
|EDFD 630 ||Educational Psychology (3 credit hours) |
|EDEL 670 ||Effective Learning Environments(3 credit hours) |
|EDSP 620 ||Universal Design for Learning: A Framework for Teaching and Learning (3 credit hours) |
|EDES 640 ||Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners (3 credit hours) |
|EDEL 650 ||Assessment of Learning (3 credit hours) |
|EDRG 644 ||Teaching Reading and Writing (3 credit hours) |
|EDEL 660 ||Methods: The Nature and Practices of Literacy, Social Studies and Expressive Arts (3 credit hours) |
|EDEL 662 ||Methods: The Nature and Practices of Science, Health and Physical Education (3 credit hours) |
|EDEL 663 ||Methods: The Nature and Practices of Mathematics (3 credit hours) |
|EDEL 690 ||Student Teaching (5-8 credit hours) |
|EDEL 697 ||Professionalism in Education I (2 credit hours) |
|TOTAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: 44-47 credit hours |
一道本不卡免费高清Please note recent course requirement updates may not be reflected in the list above and you should contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 for recent changes and updates.
View and download a printable fact sheet.
View our Graduate Education Guide for program comparisons.
How to Apply
Admission is on a rolling basis.
We recommend you apply at least one month in advance of your desired start date to ensure adequate processing time and to optimize class availability options. However, completed applications will be considered up to two weeks prior to the start date.
Visit the academic calendar to view start dates. This program is 8W.
Students with prior college credit, military credit, professional licenses or certificates, or several years of work experience may be able to translate this experience directly to college credit.
Your admissions counselor can evaluate your prior learning credit, provide information regarding financial aid and tuition assistance, recommend courses and help you get started with the application process. Contact Admissions
- A Colorado teaching license is dependent on the major of your bachelor's degree. If the level and area of license you are seeking does not correspond with your specific major, you may need to take additional undergraduate credits as required by Colorado.
- Students seeking licensure in secondary world languages, math or science must enter the program with a completed bachelor’s degree in the respective area.
- A minimum 2.75 GPA from prior college credit, if applicable.
Materials needed for degree-seeking applicants
- Complete the online graduate application
- Official degree-bearing transcripts either from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or recognized institution in another nation. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your previously attended schools to the Office of Admissions. Download a Transcript Request Form
- Submit official transcripts to sendtranscripttoRU@peikekhabari.com or mail to
- Regis University
Office of Admissions
Mail Code: P-28
3333 Regis Boulevard
Denver, CO 80221-1099
- Participation in teacher candidate interview
- Current resume
- Background check
- Additional admissions requirements apply to international students who are non-U.S. citizens
Please remember: Applications that are incomplete and/or missing information will NOT be processed. Classes can reach capacity, so you are encouraged to apply now for admission consideration.
*Applications are due two weeks prior to class start date. Visit the academic calendar to view start dates. This program is 8W.
Regis University boasts one of the Best Master's in Elementary Education Programs for 2019.