Should I pursue a B.S. in Information Technology?
At this point, information technology is part of nearly everything we do in the developed world. As technologycontinues to grow and evolve, organizations and businesses will always need systems-savvy professionals who can protect the networks of tomorrow, administer and update integrated applications, mobile and enterprise networks.
According to the , information technology careers are projected to grow 12 percent through 2024. Whilethe “Internet of Things” continues to drive data collection, analytics and cloud computing, it has alsomade IT one of the healthiest career fields around.
Is a Bachelor’s degree in IT for me?
一道本不卡免费高清Working in IT is a bit like being Scotty on the USS Enterprise. As the rest of the world goesabout their business, you’re responsible for keeping the ship running at warp speed so everyone else can dotheir job. With such a vast array of career options, a B.S. in IT opens a lot more doors than many other degrees.
People attracted to information technology are likely to share traits such as:
- A knack for creative problem solving
- Big-picture thinking
- Always excited about the newest gadget
- An insatiable curiosity about how stuff works
- A willingness to listen and desire to help others
- A fascination with the next big breakthrough in cyber security
If you’re a member of the military一道本不卡免费高清 or you’ve returnedfrom military service, Regis also has great tuition options to help you build on the skills you learned during yourservice.
What will I learn in Regis University’s Information Technology program?
一道本不卡免费高清Our Bachelor of Science in IT program provides you with an extensive knowledge of computer systems design and management. Core subject areasinclude LANs, WANs, mobile, and enterprise networks as well as web applications.
一道本不卡免费高清The upper division coursework provides you with the required in-depth knowledge of core IT skills. Key subject areasalso include information assurance and security management.
Program Educational Objectives
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years after graduation. PEOs are based on the needs of the program’s constituencies and must be documented and measurable. The BS in Information Technology (IT) Program supports the following PEOs:
一道本不卡免费高清1. Graduates will be knowledgeable and skilled IT professionals.
一道本不卡免费高清Our graduate’s knowledge spans the fundamentals of computer and information technology, including an understanding of several advanced specialty areas. Our graduates have the technical knowledge and theoretical background in computing within a value-centered education. Analytical problem solving, experiential learning, entrepreneurial techniques, and critical thinking are trademarks of our IT graduates.
2. Graduates will exhibit high standards of professionalism.
Our graduates communicate clearly, work effectively as an individual or in a team, and take leadership roles within the profession. Our graduates become contributors to the improvement and transformation of our society.
3. Graduates will embrace a professional code of ethics in their professional careers.
一道本不卡免费高清Our graduates understand the ethical, professional, and social responsibilities associated with their computer profession. They recognize the social and global impact of their work.
4. Graduates will adapt to the changing landscape of the IT discipline.
Our graduates are lifelong learners, updating their knowledge and skills regularly. Some graduates pursue advanced degrees while others take advantage of professional development opportunities.
5. Graduates are men and women committed to serving their community.
一道本不卡免费高清Our graduates apply analytic skills and knowledge to human needs and seek to preserve the best of the human heritage. Our graduates develop skills and leadership abilities necessary for distinguished professional work and contributions to the improvement and transformation of society.
一道本不卡免费高清 Upon successful completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- Analyze a problem and define the computing requirements appropriate to the discipline.
- Design, implement, and evaluate an information technology system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Identifies, collaborates effectively, and shares information with team members to set and meet team performance goals
- Explain the professional, ethical, and social issues and responsibilities relevant to the discipline.
- Communicate with organization stakeholders using effective communication, project management and decision-making skills.
- Analyze the local and global impact of information systems on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Maintain technical competency in the face of rapid changes in the discipline.
- Apply design principals, using current tools, techniques, and skills to the modeling, design, and operation of organizational information systems.
- Use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies of human computer interaction, information management, programming, networking and web systems and technologies.
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
- Effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
- Assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
Graduate & Enrollment Numbers
| || |
Graduates by academic year
| 7 ||11 ||12 |
Enrollment by academic year
| 162 || 164 || 154 |
Printable Fact Sheet:一道本不卡免费高清 To download a printable fact sheet with details about required classes, admissions requirements, and start dates, visit our fact sheet library. Please note: The best source for the most current information is an admissions counselor.
Are Regis’ IT programs accredited?
Regis University is accredited by .
The Information Technology (previously titled Computer Networking) is accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology ().
What class formats are available?
Accelerated Classroom Format: 一道本不卡免费高清 Classroom courses are delivered in accelerated eight-week terms that start sixtimes per year. Classes are periodically scheduled at theDenver Northwest or the Denver Tech Center Campus.
Traditional Classroom Format: 一道本不卡免费高清 Classroom courses are delivered in traditional full-time day 16-week semester formats that begin twice annually (fall and Spring).
Online Format: 一道本不卡免费高清Our flexible online format allows you to log in anytime, day or night, as youcomplete assignments. Each online class lasts eight weeks allowing you to progress quickly. No campusvisits are required for online students.
When do Information Technology classes start at Regis University?
一道本不卡免费高清Courses are offered in eight-week terms that begin in:
Can I combine my bachelor’s studies towards a master’s program?
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a B.S. in Information Technology degree in tandem with one ofthe master of science degree programs within our College of Computer & Information Sciences*. Please see the Prerequisite Chart一道本不卡免费高清 for this technology degree to learn more.
Contact an admissions counselor at 800.944.7667 and learn how you can complete both degree programs at afaster pace and a more affordable cost.
一道本不卡免费高清*Excluding the M.S. in Software Engineering & Database Technologies degree
Meet our Information Technology faculty
StephenBarnes, Assistant Professor, Information Technology, Program Coordinator for M.S. in Systems Engineering
MohamedLotfy, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Information Technology, Program Coordinator for BS in Information Technology
KevinA. Pyatt, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Chair
Robert(Rob) Sjodin, Facilitator, Program Coordinator for the M.S. in Software Engineering